According to NBC4i, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an on-camera statement regarding Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
“My purpose tonight is not to debate the merits of this decision. There will be plenty of time to do this in the days and weeks ahead,” DeWine said. “I think it’s important as we discuss the abortion issue we in Ohio do it in a civil way and recognize there are people of good will on both sides who have strongly and honestly held beliefs.”
Shortly after DeWine spoke, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced the Heartbeat Bill has become law in the state, which bans abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Lizzo Reacts To Beyoncé Shoutout On ‘Break My Soul’ Remix
- Saweetie Explains The Symbolic Meaning Behind Her Fresh Baldie: ‘Caterpillar To Butterfly’
- Tessa Thompson Gives Us Hair Envy In Her Ginger Red Hair
- HBCU Alum Becomes First Black Juvenile Court Judge In Memphis
- Doja Cat Shaves Her Hair And Eyebrows Explaining ‘I Just Do Not Like To Have Hair’
- One Of The Cops Who Killed Jamarion Robinson Is Still On The Job Despite Murder Indictment
- Shelby County District Attorney Amy Weirich Loses Re-election Bid Months After Aggressively Prosecuting Pamela Moses For Alleged Voter Fraud
- Judge Allows Tulsa Race Massacre ‘Public Nuisance’ Lawsuit To Move Forward
- 2Pac Allegedly Turned Down A Michael Jackson Collab Due To Missed Studio Session
- Lynnwood Man Charged With Hate Crime For Allegedly Threatening To Shoot Black People At Site Of Buffalo Shooting
Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com