According to NBC4i, charges have been filed in the shooting death of Casey Goodson Jr. by a Franklin County Sheriff’s deputy nearly a year ago.
Jason Meade was indicted Thursday on two charges of murder and one count of reckless homicide. The charges were filed in Franklin County Court.
The death of Goodson, 23, was the first in a series of fatal shootings by law enforcement officers against Black people in the Columbus area — also including Andre’ Hill and Ma’Khia Bryant — that sparked protests around the city.
The charges shed light on what happened on Dec. 4 when Meade, a white deputy, encountered Goodson, and come after months of statements from law enforcement, family members and attorneys that sometimes conflicted with one another.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Jackson State Paid $800K To End Decades-Long HBCU Football Tradition, Documents Show
- The Warren Shadd Story | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
- Oh Boy: Cam’ron Must Pay $51K For Misuse of Copyrighted Photo of Himself
- Malcolm X Assassination: Ben Crump To Introduce New Witnesses In Conspiracy Case
- Two Facing Murder Charges for Kansas City Shooting
- Drivers Registering Cars In Virginia To Avoid Insurance Cost In Their Home States
- Black Man Falsely ID’ed As ‘Illegal Immigrant’ At Kansas City Chiefs Parade Shooting Has Life Ruined By GOP Lies
- Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed
- Trump Declared Worst US President In New Academic Poll
OHIO: Murder charges against Jason Meade filed in death of Casey Goodson Jr. was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Mississippi GOP’s Rogue Court Set To Begin As Judge Rejects Last-Ditch Effort To Halt Project
Joe Burrow Scores $7.5M Home near Mt. Washington
Election Day: What You Need to Know