According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Mississippi Welfare Scandal Sparks Calls For Brett Favre To Be Kicked Out Of Football Hall Of Fame
- Mack Wilds Got Us Fit And Lit In NYC At Movement Live By Michelob ULTRA
- Kaepernick Supporters Shade Rihanna For Reversing Her Stance On Performing At The Super Bowl
- Megan Thee Stallion Calls Out Haters For Twisting Her ‘Body Positivity’ Message
- Unsolved Black Murders That Still Haunt The Culture
- No Justice For Jonathan Price: ‘All-White Jury’ Acquits Ex-Texas Cop Accused Of Murdering Black Man
- NYC Hotel’s ‘Racially Motivated’ Stereotyping Led To Mistreatment Of Black Artist, Complaint Claims
- Brett Favre Loses Radio Shows Amid Widening Mississippi Welfare Fraud Scandal
- Mind, Body & Business Podcast With Maria More ‘More Action, Less Distraction’ | Episode 5
- EPA’s New Environmental Justice Office Pledges ‘Billions’ For ‘Those Who Need It The Most
A Pill To Cure COVID is In Development, Being Test Now was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com