According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
List Of Countries Effected By The Coronavirus
1. China (81,093)1 of 5
2. Italy (59,138)2 of 5
3. America (39,262)3 of 5
4. Spain (33,089)4 of 5
5. Germany (27,546)5 of 5
- Black Business Spotlight: Lisa & Jamaal Kelly of Vegan Treats, Meats & Eats
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- Tommy DeBarge of R&B group Switch Dies at 64
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Killer Curves While Turning Up On Vacation In The Bahamas
- Dave Chappelle Reps Says Comedian Is Open To Discuss Netflix Backlash That Lead To Employee Walkout
- GOP’s School Board Meetings Video That Dems Rejected Uses Black Parents To Push Anti-CRT Propaganda
- The Lincoln Ware Rewind: No Affordable Housing
- Dwayne Johnson & Ryan Reynolds Try To Stop Gal Gadot From Stealing Cleopatra’s Eggs In New ‘Red Notice’ Trailer
- Issa Rae, Yvonne Orji & Jay Ellis Bring The Style On The Cover Of Entertainment Weekly
- TRIED IT: 5 Beauty Products That’ll Enhance Your Shower
- Utah Jazz Star Jordan Clarkson Signs Deal With lululemon, Becomes Global Ambassador
- What Mohamed Noor’s Re-Sentencing Means For Derek Chauvin’s Time In Prison
A Pill To Cure COVID is In Development, Being Test Now was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com