The Columbus Police Department is under scrutiny by the community after the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old Columbus teen named Makhia Bryant while responding to a call of a disturbance in a southeast neighborhood.
According to reports, Columbus Police Officers were called just after 4:30 p.m. by a woman saying that a group of women were trying to stab her in the 3100 block of Legion Lane, north of Chatterton Road. Interim Chief of Police Michael Woods described the incident at a press conference as a female with a knife attempting to stab another person. A second person was pushed against a vehicle, when the other female goes toward the female aginst the car the officer fired his gun reportedly four times.
** WARNING GRAPHIC: Below is a video of the press conference that includes bodycam footage of the incident **
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Police on the scene did render aid. Bryant was taken to Mount Carmel East Hospital in critical condition but later died at the hospital.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is gathering evidence to execute a full investigation. The officer who fired his gun is off of the streets pending a full investigation.
There are lots of videos and pictures from the scene including this video from a woman who is reportedly Makiyah Bryant’s aunt who shares her story before a crowd of media and onlookers.
** WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE **
- Saweetie Looks Picture Perfect In Custom Polaroid Dress
- Alicia Keys Aims To Reawaken The Feminine Power In All Of Us Through Her 21 Day Meditation Experience
- Clock Is Ticking On Police Reform Agreement Ahead Of George Floyd Anniversary
- The Remains Of MOVE Police Bombing Victims Previously Thought To Be Destroyed Are Actually Intact, Philadelphia Says
- Nikole Hannah-Jones Gets Her Flowers At Urban One Honors
- Watch Toccara Host TSR’s New Plus-Size Model Competition ‘Thick House’
- ‘Army of the Dead’s Dave Bautista Credits Zack Snyder’s “Visual Eye” & “Being An Artist” Lured Him To The Film
- Tanisha Thomas Dishes On Her Weight Loss Journey: ‘At My Heaviest, I Was 300 Pounds’
- Historic $10 Million Settlement For Andre Hill’s Police Killing In Columbus Is Called ‘The Right Thing’
- Life Sentence Over Weed Conviction Upheld Is For ‘Habitual Offender’ In Mississippi
Bodycam Footage Released of the Fatal Shooting of the Columbus Teen by Police was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com