At a time when people are struggling trying to make ends meet, searching for assistance to help them make it through the pandemic, unfortunately you will have some that will use this time to capitalize off of funds made available to help those in need. But it hurts even more when you find out that some people, people that you have trusted, have been making a come up while you have been struggling even before the pandemic.
Which brings us to this story.
According to court documents and a FBI Special Agent in Charge Eric B. Smith, 74 year old, Cleveland Buckeye Shaker area, Ward 4, Councilman Kenneth Johnson, along with his assistant Garnell Jamison, have been indicted by a federal grand jury for conspiracy to commit federal program theft. Kenneth Johnson was arrested Tuesday by agents from the Cleveland Division of the FBI after a federal grand jury handed down the 15-count indictment. Read More
“These individuals are accused of developing and implementing schemes to defraud hardworking American federal taxpayers,”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Black Business Spotlight: Lisa & Jamaal Kelly of Vegan Treats, Meats & Eats
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- The Lincoln Ware Rewind: Are Energy Bills Really Skyrocketing?
- The Curry Family Show Off Their Fall Style On The Cover Of ‘Sweet July’ Magazine
- The Lincoln Ware Rewind: China is Having a Surge in COVID-19, Is It Coming to the US?
- Checkmate: Far-Right Conservatives Use Kyrie Irving Like A Pawn In A Game Of Anti-Vaxxer Chess
- People Think The Judge In Kyle Rittenhouse’s Murder Trial Is Biased And Sympathetic To The Defense
- White Republican Wendy Rogers Accused Vernon Jones Of ‘Tap-Dancing.’ She’s Out Of Line…But She’s Right
- Howard Living Conditions Blamed On ‘Slumlordy’ Property Management Company As Dorms Placed In ‘Hypercare’
- Atlanta NAACP President Apologizes For Rebuking Mayor Candidate As Some Members Defend Him
- Charlottesville Civil Trial Attempts to Hold Planners Of White Supremacist ‘Unite The Right Rally’ Accountable Over Four Years Later
- Get Your First Look At Porsha Williams’ New Spinoff Series, ‘Porsha’s Family Matters’
Cleveland Councilman, Arrested and Charged With Theft was originally published on wzakcleveland.com