Twenty-year-old Jerrell Smoot and fourty-year-old Suriedia Florida-Hinds are both in police custody after a standoff with Columbus Police reported to a call alerting them of two possible kidnappings at the Garden Heights Apartments located in the 1400 block of West Rich Street around 1:30 a.m.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
One victim was able to escape being held captive, telling police on scene that there was another woman being held inside. Columbus police made contact with Smoot and Florida-Hinds and they eventually surrendered and were arrested. According to WBNS, court documents revealed that Florida-Hinds allegedly helped Smoot kidnap the two women. Smoot allegedly raped them and held one-woman captive in a dog cage for two days.
Smoot is being held at the Franklin County Jail and is facing two counts of rape and kidnapping. Florida-Hinds is also being held at the Franklin County Jail and charged with one count of kidnapping.
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: When Will We Reach Herd Immunity
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — February 26, 2021: Biden Visits Texas — Black Women Recognized — Coronavirus Update
- The Beauty Of Little Africa: The History of Black Wall Street
- Eddie Murphy Details His Iconic Basketball Match Against Prince
- OHIO: High School Seniors Can Take Part in End-of-Schoolyear Events in 2021!
- Rest In Power Haroun Wakil: Atlanta Activist Who Promoted Community Policing Dies
- OHIO: More Stores Added to List of Locations for COVID-19 Vaccine
- OHIO NEWS: Gov. DeWine Gives Update on Sports and Entertainment Attractions in Regards to COVID-19
- Tennis Champion Sloane Stephens: ‘Healthy Eating’ And ‘Consistency’ Are Keys To A Strong Game
- Ayanna Pressley Endorses Tishaura Jones As Race For St. Louis Mayor Heats Up
Ohio: Two Accused of Keeping Woman in Dog Cage, Kidnapping and Rape was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com