Another one bites the dust.
Sen. Cory Booker decided Monday to end his bid for the White House, making the announcement in the form of an email sent to supporters.
“Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump’s hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build a more just and fair country for everyone,” he said. “I’ve always believed that. I still believe that. I’m proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to NBC News, Booker shared his plans with his staff during a conference call at his campaign headquarters in Newark, NJ before making his announcement public.
With his departure, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is now the only black candidate remaining in the 12-candidate Democratic primary.
Source: NBC News
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Here’s Why It Doesn’t Matter That Kenya Moore Wears Wigs
- Snoop Dogg In The Kitchen??
- ‘Power’ Recap: Tommy Sets Out On His Quest For Revenge, Gets Much Needed Clarity Instead
- Howard Thurman Helped Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Non-Violent Philosophy
- Tips On How To Fill Out Census Paperwork
- 17-Year-Old Ohio Student Graduates College Before Finishing High School!
- Ohio Reports 1,252 Missing Persons, What To Do To Keep Loved Ones Safe
- Russ Rant: ‘It’s About To Go Down’
- Marilyn Mosby Shares Racist Voicemail After St. Louis Visit: “Fat A**, Empowered Black Woman”
Another One: Sen. Cory Booker Drops Out Of 2020 Presidential Race was originally published on 92q.com