Authorities on site at Santa Fe High School in Dickinson ISD have confirmed that at least eight people were shot and killed following a school shooting. The suspect, a student who has not been identified, is currently in custody according to assistant principal Cris Richardson. Students were evacuated from the high school and taken to Alamo Gym, located on Hwy 6.
This is the third school shooting in the past seven days and the 22nd in the United States since the beginning of the year.
The entire school district is on lockdown, district officials said.
Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 people roughly 20 miles northwest of Galveston and 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The high school has about 1,400 students, according to GreatSchools.org. We’ll update this story as it develops.
- 4 Students Shot During Party Near Clark Atlanta University
- The Cleveland Browns Are On This Year’s Sports Illustrated Cover
- Al Sharpton Thinks the Jay-Z Vs. Colin Kaepernick Debate Is Distracting from Real Issues
- Body Found Inside Car in Ohio McDonalds Parking Lot
- Steph Curry Finances Return Howard University’s Golf Program
- Georgia High School Basketball Player Dies During Workout
- Lewk Of The Week: Teyana Taylor & Iman Shumpert Are Giving Us Serious 60s Pool Party Vibes
- Black Girls Rock Resident Hairstylist Nafisah Carter Talks New E-Book
- Lawyers In The Botham Jean Murder Trial Won’t Refer To Amber Guyger’s ‘Employment Status’: Report
- Irv Gotti Thinks The NFL Made JAY-Z “Look Like A Pawn”
At Least 8 Reported Dead In School Shooting At Texas High School was originally published on theboxhouston.com