On Saturday evening, a Cleveland man was shot while trying to stop his friend from driving drunk. No good deed goes unpunished, right? Anyway, authorities say that Java Bowling III, 43, saw that 40-year-old Scott A. Campbell Sr. was entirely too wasted to drive, so he tried to take his car keys.
Campbell did what any confrontational drunkard would: He fought his friend, eventually shooting him in the chest. He fled, but police caught up with him in Middleburg Heights; the weapon was found in the back yard of a home. Meanwhile, Bowling was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center.
Friends don’t shoot concerned friends, just like friends don’t let friends drive drunk.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Recent Updates
- Boone Co. Man Accidentally Runs Over Wife
- City Officials push to host Olympic Marathon Trials
- More Apartments Coming to the Banks
- Norwood Fire Truck Returns Home, 93 Years Later
- T.I.: If Trayvon Was My Son, Zimmerman Would Be Dead
- President Speaks On Keeping His Daughters Humble
- Stand Your Ground: Woman Shoots, Kills Man Threatening Her Outside Houston Gas Station [VIDEO]