Could we be witnessing the first female player to play in the NBA? Mark Cuban thinks so
According to Mark Cuban, the Dallas Mavericks would consider selecting the three-time All-American in the second round of the 2013 NBA Draft and would give her the chance to make the team. Cubes says that there’s no way he would give her a free pass and put her on the Mavs roster just to say he did it. But, he does believe in giving Griner the chance to succeed.
“If she is the best on the board, I will take her,” he said prior to last night’s Mavs game against the Lakers. “I’ve thought about it…Would I do it? Right now, I’d lean toward yes, just to see if she can do it. You never know unless you give somebody a chance, and it’s not like the likelihood of any late-50s draft pick has a good chance of making it…I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to giving her the opportunity.”
That would be epic
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Ready for a Duke Energy Rate Hike?
- Mayor Mallory: No Seriously, I’m Gonna Lay off Police and Firefighters
- NY State Senator: NYPD Chief Said ‘Stop And Frisk’ Was To ‘Instill Fear’ In Blacks, Latinos
- Ex-’Voice Of Elmo’ Gets Sued For Fifth Time
- Chris Brown Acknowledges Assault Of Rihanna Was ‘Wrong’
- College Student Returns Wallet With $1,000 Found At Pennsylvania Mall
- Brown Co. Parents Charged in Accidental Shooting Death of Son