R&B singer Chris Brown may never live down the 2009 domestic assault charge he was slapped with after brutally beating girlfriend Rihanna. However, the Virginia native wants to turn the corner and acknowledged in a video interview today that he realizes what he did was wrong.
SEE ALSO: Gruesome Injury Rocks NCAA Tournament
Brown, 23, sat down with NBC’s “Today” show host Matt Lauer to discuss, among other things, his relationship with Rihanna, the aftermath after the incident and his upcoming album “X.”
“I’ve been humbled by the whole experience,” he says. “From me losing everything, you know, to me having to regain public opinion or whatever it is but most importantly, you know, knowing that what I did was totally wrong and having to kind of deal with myself and kind of forgive myself in the same breath and being able to apologize to, you know, Rihanna and being able to be that man that can be who is a man, you know?”
Lauer dug in and mentioned that Brown’s attempt at a squeaky-clean image is marred by several recent infractions, such as the fights with fellow entertainers Frank Ocean and Drake. Lauer also mentioned Brown’s questionable social media output as well, even suggesting that Brown’s on good behavior for the moment just to sell his new record.
“I think everybody is entitled to their opinion. For me, it’s just a learning process. You know, I have to just take it one day at a time,” said a candid Brown. “I can’t make everybody like me [and] I think for my album and for what I’m promoting or whatever it is, it’s about me being positive.”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Brown Co. Parents Charged in Accidental Shooting Death of Son
- P&G Founder’s Former Home Demolished
- Pedal to the Metal: Ohio Increases Hwy. Speed Limit to 70 M.P.H.
- Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Comparing Homosexuality To Pedophilia, Bestiality [VIDEO]
- Where Have All The Leaders Gone? New Poll Suggests Black America No Longer Looking For Heroes
- Complicated! Ariz. Judge Denies ‘Pregnant Man’ Divorce Because He Was A She When She Married!
- President Meets With African Leaders, Praises Continent’s Democratic Progress
Chris Brown Acknowledges Assault Of Rihanna Was ‘Wrong’ was originally published on newsone.com