Among blacks, there are mixed feelings about our image in popular media. The NewsOne team went to the heart of Harlem in New York City to find out what the average person on the street thinks about how blacks are portrayed in music, movies and on television. They offered comments on everything from The Real Housewives to Tyler Perry and Hip Hop.
Check out more of our “On the Corner” series:
- How Can Black People Achieve True Wealth?
- Trayvon Martin Supporters Take Over NYC’s Union Square
- On The Corner: Whitney Houston Funeral In Newark
- Tears And Praise For “Jersey Girl” Whitney Houston
- 12-Year-Old Leads March Against Gun Violence & Drugs In Harlem
On The Corner: What Do Blacks Think About Our Image In The Media? was originally published on newsone.com
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Joe Burrow Scores $7.5M Home near Mt. Washington
Mississippi GOP’s Rogue Court Set To Begin As Judge Rejects Last-Ditch Effort To Halt Project
Election Day: What You Need to Know