Researchers in Granada University Spain found that drinking a beer after a long strenuous outing at the gym can be good for you, better than water or gatorade to rehydrate your body. Prof Manuel Garzon, of Granada University claims the bubbles in beer can help quench the thirst your body is looking for and the carbohydrate liquid within the bottle can replace calories your body lost.
A group of students were asked to perform strenuous exercises with temperatures the 100′s . After the students worked out half were given a pint of beer and the other were given the same amount in water. The test resuted in hydration in those who drank beer was slightly better than those who drank water. A cardiologist who worked with Real Madrid football players and Spain’s national team also said beer “had the perfect profile for re-hydration after sport” and he recommends barley drinks to professional sports players.
Dr James Betts an expert on nutrition and metabolism and professor at Bath University says beer in moderation can be good as water but doubts it can be any better. And he continues to say “If you are dehydrated to start with following exercise, a beer, as opposed to a spirit, probably does not have a high enough concentration of alcohol to induce a diuretic effect.”
So skip the protein shake and water and grab a breawski after your workout.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- BREAKING NEW: Ariel Castro pleads guilty will get life +1,000 years in prison
- Tennessee Titans Rookie Jonathan Willard Saves Family From Burning SUV
- Miracle! Woman Survives Car Being Struck By 18-Wheeler, Plunging 27 Feet Off Bridge
- Report: Blacks Die Earlier From Homicide, Heart Disease
- Dora Charles: Paula Deen’s Cook Reveals History Of Racism, Greed
- Watch Raw Footage Of High Speed Train Crashing In Spain: Dozens Killed! [Video]
- Emory Professor Creates ‘Fearless Dialogues’ Program To Support Black Men