Months after Beyonce inked a $50 million, multi-faceted deal with Pepsi, Jay-Z and Samsung are said to be locking in a $20 million package that would see the rapper collaborating on multiple projects with the tech giant.
Page Six reports that the rapper and now sports agent might create a social media network as part of the deal. Regardless of the terms, a $20 million signing is a big move for the man who famously asserted, “I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.”
If true, the report would signal the latest in a number of high-profile business moves Jay-Z has made over the past couple of years. He dissolved his stake in the Brooklyn Nets to set up Roc Nation Sports, a talent agency that has already landed some key signings; he moved his music label, Roc Nation, from Sony to Universal; he launched Made in America, a massive music festival in Philadelphia and even executive produced “The Great Gatsby.”
As previously mentioned, highly structured deals are nothing new to the Carter-Knowles family. Beyonce’s massive Pepsi contract includes traditional promotional appearances and ad campaigns, but also gives Pepsi a stake in Beyonce’s creative endeavors.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Fan Miguel Hit Suffering From Brain Damage?
- More Brutality From Jasper, Texas: Cops Fired After Video Captures Them Beating Black Woman
- SC Ruling Allowing Cops To Take Public’s DNA Will Have Negative Impact On Blacks, Poor
- An NFL Hall Of Famer Has Died
- Woman Loses Arms After Family Pitbulls Attack Her
- Events to Check Out This Month
- Popular Bronx D.J. Electrocuted On Subway Tracks After Trying To Retrieve iPhone