The NFL Hall of Famer Deacon Jones has died at the age of 74 from natural causes, according to USA Today. The former Washington Redskins defensive end spent the majority of his career in the NFL playing for the Los Angeles Rams and is credited for coining the phrase “sack” when describing how he knocked quarterbacks down.
Find out more about the life, death and legacy of Deacon Jones right here.
RELATED: 28 Black Heisman Trophy Winners
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Events to Check Out This Month
- Popular Bronx D.J. Electrocuted On Subway Tracks After Trying To Retrieve iPhone
- Neighbor Says Couple Asked to Bury Dog Was Actually 1 Yr. Old Boy
- Debra Simmons: NAN Vice-President Tasered At Miss. Civil Rights Rally [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Police Arrest Second Man in East Price Hill Murder Case
- Jury Sides With Teacher Who Was Fired While Pregnant
- 8 Arrested After Brawl At Kindergarten Graduation [VIDEO]