Houston Rockets power forward Terrence Jones (pictured) was arrested in Portland on Wednesday, after police reportedly witnessed him stomping on a homeless man’s leg outside of a nightclub, according to the New York Daily News. Jones was charged with harassment then released hours later on his own recognizance.
Jones, who was a rookie last season with the NBA team, was reportedly seen exiting a nightclub with a large group of people who then spilled out on to the streets. An officer who had reportedly been parked outside of the club utilized a PA system to instruct the club’s patrons to step back on to the sidewalk.
One of the witnessing officers, police sergeant Anthony Passadore, claims to have seen the 21-year-old Jones pass by a doorway where two homeless men had sought shelter. The men were asleep, according to Passsadore, when Jones allegedly instructed one of the men to wake up, yelling the words at the top of his lungs. Daniel John Lellerher, 46, Jones’ alleged victim, was the man whose leg got stomped on by Jones for seemingly no reason.
Lellerher, who only sustained a minor injury from the stomping, required no medical attention.
So far, Jones’ team, the Rockets, have refused to provide a statement to the press regarding the allegations against their player.
Meanwhile, Jones must appear in court on Tuesday to be arraigned.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Teacher Accused of Student Sexual Relations Currently Free on Bond
- Reds & Bengals Ask Taxpayers For Stadium Improvements
- Ohio ‘Uppercut’ Victim Sentenced To 3 Days In Jail
- Sharon Osbourne On Justin Bieber: ‘He Doesn’t Realize He’s White’
- Black Robbers Who Knocked Off Queens Store Disguised As White Cops On Trial [PHOTOS]
- Virginia Mom Sentenced To 5 Years After 4-Year-Old Son Snorts Coke
- Fla. Teen Becomes Youngest Person Ever To Pass UK Bar Exam