Liberal America’s favorite undercover bigot, Bill Maher, defended chef Paula Deen‘s use of the word “ni**er” by declaring it freedom of speech on par with Hip-Hop music, reports Raw Story.
“People shouldn’t have to lose their shows and go away when they do something bad,” said Maher. “It’s just a word. It’s a wrong word. She was wrong to use it. But do we always have to make people go away?”
His panel — rightfully — disagreed with his assessment.
Read more from Raw Story:
“If they use that word? Yeah,” journalist and Demos senior fellow Bob Herbert answered. “They gotta go away.”
“I disagree,” Maher answered. “She f*cked up. Really, for one f*ck up?”
“Didn’t sound like it was one,” Herbert countered.
“That’s somebody else’s testimony,” Maher insisted after some cross-talk between the panelists. “That’s not what she said.”
“You can’t call somebody a racist anymore,” said Herbert, who is African-American. “You gotta have like dyed-in-the-wool proof and that sort of thing. There’s gotta be some kind of a line. So, for me, that word is the line. People need to stop using that word.”
“Did you watch her show?” Maher interjected. When Herbert said he did not, Maher continued, “So I’m guessing lots of black people did not watch her show.”
“Yeah? What’s that got to do with her using the n-word?” Herbert shot back. “The brothers need to stop using the n-word. Nobody should be using that word.”
“So they should go away, too?” Maher responded. “So, what, we should ban rap records?”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Paula Deen Fans Vent Their Outrage At Food Network
- UPDATE: Serena Williams: ‘I Apologized To Sharapova…My Personal Life Is Personal’ [VIDEO]
- Nelson Mandela at a Hospital in Critical Condition
- Jane Wicker: Stuntwoman, Pilot Killed In Ohio Air Show Crash [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
- Coroner: Police Kill Gunman At Mississippi Church
- Alleged Cop Ambusher Arrested By Police
- Deadly Motorcycle Crash on Ft. Washington Way Kills One