According to the new law, first time offenders are fined $50, second $100 and third time offenders are fine $100 plus 16 hours of mandatory community service. For further offenders, a judge will decide the appropriate punishment. Some considered the move racist but the local NAACP disagreed and fully supported the ban. Jerome Boykin, the group’s president, declared, “There is nothing positive about people wearing saggy pants. This is not a black issue, this is not a white issue, this is a people issue… Young men who were in prison who wanted to have sex with other men would send a signal to another man with his pants below his waist.”
It’s unreal to think that people are supporting a trend that most say originated in prison to let fellow inmates know their availability. Maybe every state needs to adopt this law because no one wants to see your butt hanging out in public!!!
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Mom Tosses Baby Aside To Fight Bus Passenger
- Bring On The Gun Control Debate!
- Dr. Carson Withdraws From John Hopkins’ Commencement Ceremony [VIDEO]
- 3 Steps To Better Workplace Communication
- White House Denies Jay-Z Spoke With President Obama About Cuba Trip
- UPDATE: Trayvon’s Parents Respond To Gladys Zimmerman’s ‘Disingenuous, Disrespectful’ Letter
- N.A.N.Young Professionals Panel Says Mentors Are Key To Success