Authorities claim that the 26-year-old, whose name has yet to be released, poured gasoline on the property at 501 Auburn Avenue just before 6 p.m. on Thursday. Multiple witnesses reportedly stopped her and reached out to police.
Once law enforcement arrived the woman was detained and is currently being held on attempted arson and second-degree interference with government property charges.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
The home, which was taken over by the National Park Service in 2018, is currently closed for renovations that are expected to be completed by 2025.
From CBS News:
In a statement Tuesday night, the King Center wrote that “an individual attempted to set fire to this historic property. Fortunately, the attempt was unsuccessful, thanks to the brave intervention of good Samaritans and the quick response of law enforcement.”
To read the entire CBS News report CLICK HERE.
Martin Luther King Jr. was born in this house and lived there until he was 12 years old.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- Malcolm X Assassination: Ben Crump To Introduce New Witnesses In Conspiracy Case
- Black Man Falsely ID’ed As ‘Illegal Immigrant’ At Kansas City Chiefs Parade Shooting Has Life Ruined By GOP Lies
- Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed
- A Prayer for Godly Leadership by Rev. Dr. Ralph Martino [LISTEN]
- Urban One Honors Backstage Pass Sponsored by Intuit TurboTax
- Cincinnati: Truck Gets Stuck Under A Bridge In The East End
- NC School Doors ‘Decorated’ With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month
- The Jesse Owens Story: Outjump the Competition | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Donald Trump Launches New Shoe Line Featuring The Ugliest Pair Of ‘Air Treasons’ You’ve Ever Seen
- Sisters Are Doin’ It! Actress Malinda Williams Launches HBCU Coding Bootcamp For Women
Woman Tries To Burn Down Birth Home Of Martin Luther King Jr. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Small Doses: Regina Jackson And Saira Rao Discuss Deconstructing Karens And End-Stage White Supremacy
Election Day: What You Need to Know
Beyoncé’s Latest ‘Renaissance World Tour’ Looks Have The Internet Buzzing