A Black woman in Ohio is recovering in a hospital after being beaten up by police over a botched order at Mcdonald’s.
On Monday Latinka Hancock, in Butler Township, ordered a Big Mac with extra cheese. After the restaurant gave her the order she quickly noticed that there was no extra cheese on her burger. That’s when things began to spiral out of control.
Her complaints to the burger joint quickly escalated into a heated argument, which is when the restaurant workers claim they were forced to call the police. After law enforcement arrived the disagreement essentially turned into a brawl.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In the video obtained by TMZ, two officers are forcibly detaining Hancock, seemingly attempting to arrest her. That’s when one of the cops repeatedly punched her in the head before forcing her into cuffs. The guy holding the camera ran out to the parking lot and asked the officers “Why’d you punch her?”. He didn’t get a response.
It’s being reported that the officers are currently under investigation for this incident as Hancock recovers in the hospital. Her lawyer, Michael Wright, says they’ll be making a public statement about this incident in the near future.
Being a person of color in this country is incredibly taxing. We’re not exactly sure of all the events that led up to this specific incident, but it goes without saying that a woman of color, or any human being for that matter, shouldn’t have to worry about run-ins with police because they aren’t satisfied with their takeout order.
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.
- Justice For Darryl George: Judge Backs School’s Decision To Suspend Black Student Over Locs
- Donald Lawrence Talks ‘In Him There Is No Sorrow’ Ft. Yolanda Adams [LISTEN]
- Sylvester Stallone: Is Filming A Movie In OHIO!
- Chlöe is Up NEXT! | Urban One Honors
- Nationwide AT&T Outage: Users Report ‘SOS’ Message Instead of Signal Bars
- The Cathy Hughes Story: A Lesson in Persistence| Dr. Willie Jolley
- High School Students Accused Of Creating Online ‘Slave Auction’ In ‘Black People Are Low Class’ Snapchat Group
- Diabetic Amputations On The Rise Among Black Patients, Data Suggests
- DeSantis Discusses Term Limits in Indiana
- White Folks Are Mad At Black-Owned Business Fair In North Las Vegas For Black History Month
Black Woman in Ohio Beaten Up By Cops Over Cheeseless Big Mac [Video] was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Mississippi GOP’s Rogue Court Set To Begin As Judge Rejects Last-Ditch Effort To Halt Project
Joe Burrow Scores $7.5M Home near Mt. Washington
Election Day: What You Need to Know