Comedian Michael Blackson has just opened his first school, and it won’t cost the families of those who attend it any money.
Blackson, born in Ghana, opened “Michael Blackson Academy” in his hometown of Agona Nsaba. He says the school will be “free for all” and accommodate underserved 6th and 7th graders.
The three-story tall building will feature multiple classrooms and lots of amenities. It was officially commissioned on Tuesday, January 3.
The Ghanian-American shared the opening day on his social media. He said, “Today is the greatest day of my life because I’ve finally accomplished what I always wanted to do which is giving these kids a chance to be great. Greatness starts with education and foundational education shouldn’t come with financial barriers.”
- “Hawkeye” Actor Jeremy Renner Critically Injured In Snow Plowing Accident
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- Keke Palmer Shares A Peek Into Her ‘Once Upon A Baby’ Themed Baby Shower
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Black Woman Awarded $1M After Oregon Store Clerk Allegedly Tells Her, ‘I Don’t Serve Blacks’
- Dollar General Shuts Down All Stores Across Ohio
- Making your own liquor could become legal in Ohio
- The Russ Parr “Everyday Grocery Giveaway” Contest
Comedian Michael Blackson Opens School in Ghana, Offers Free Education was originally published on wzakcleveland.com