According to NBC4i, It’s a new year and health experts said a newer version of the COVID-19 omicron variant is taking hold in the United States.
With infections and hospitalizations growing after the holidays, health experts are warning against complacency with the new variant.
This year will be the first start to a new year since 2020 that the pandemic isn’t front and center, but as 2023 begins, health experts said that in the new year, it’s still the old approach that’s the best defense against COVID-19.
In its latest report, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said the new subvariant, identified as XBB.1.5, makes up about 40 percent of coronavirus infections nationwide.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Malcolm X Assassination: Ben Crump To Introduce New Witnesses In Conspiracy Case
- Black Man Falsely ID’ed As ‘Illegal Immigrant’ At Kansas City Chiefs Parade Shooting Has Life Ruined By GOP Lies
- Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed
- A Prayer for Godly Leadership by Rev. Dr. Ralph Martino [LISTEN]
- Urban One Honors Backstage Pass Sponsored by Intuit TurboTax
- Cincinnati: Truck Gets Stuck Under A Bridge In The East End
- NC School Doors ‘Decorated’ With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month
- The Jesse Owens Story: Outjump the Competition | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Donald Trump Launches New Shoe Line Featuring The Ugliest Pair Of ‘Air Treasons’ You’ve Ever Seen
- Sisters Are Doin’ It! Actress Malinda Williams Launches HBCU Coding Bootcamp For Women
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Small Doses: Regina Jackson And Saira Rao Discuss Deconstructing Karens And End-Stage White Supremacy
Election Day: What You Need to Know
Beyoncé’s Latest ‘Renaissance World Tour’ Looks Have The Internet Buzzing