According to NBC4i, a suspect is facing charges after a police chase and crash that ended in Trumbull County on Thursday.
Maurice Reginald Matthews, of Cleveland, is now charged with failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, obstructing official business, breaking and entering, possession of drugs, driving under suspension, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless operation, following too close, speed, driving on a closed roadway, window tint, obstructed license plates, failure to use a turn signal and driving in marked lanes.
Matthews also had warrants for his arrest on several charges, including aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary and larceny, according to the Portage County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies with the P.A.C.E. (Portage Aggressive Crime Enforcement) Unit were conducting traffic enforcement on the Ohio Turnpike in Portage County when they saw a vehicle traveling eastbound in Freedom Township with a heavy window tint. According to Portage County Sheriff Bruce Zuchowski, the license plate was also obstructed, and the driver committed multiple traffic violations.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- “Hawkeye” Actor Jeremy Renner Critically Injured In Snow Plowing Accident
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- Keke Palmer Shares A Peek Into Her ‘Once Upon A Baby’ Themed Baby Shower
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Black Woman Awarded $1M After Oregon Store Clerk Allegedly Tells Her, ‘I Don’t Serve Blacks’
- Dollar General Shuts Down All Stores Across Ohio
- Making your own liquor could become legal in Ohio
- The Russ Parr “Everyday Grocery Giveaway” Contest