Cleveland-born and raised comedian David A. Arnold passed away at the age of 54 at his home “from natural causes” on Wednesday.
The stand-up comedian was known for headlining two Netflix comedy specials and was a writer/producer on the Fuller House reboot and showrunner of Nickelodeon’s “That Girl Lay Lay”. He was also three shows into his four-month national comedy tour titled “Pace Ya Self.”
“It is with great sadness that we confirm the untimely passing of our husband, father, brother, and friend, David A. Arnold. David passed away peacefully today in his home and doctors have ruled the cause of death due to natural causes,” said in a statement released by his family. “Please keep our family in prayer and respect our privacy at this time, as we are all shocked and devastated by this loss.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The Ohio Native started his career as a stand-up comic, performing at the Montreal Comedy Festival and on Jamie Foxx’s Laffapalooza on Comedy Central. He also wrote for many different shows like Meet The Browns (TBS), The Rickey Smiley Show (TV One), Raising Whitley (OWN), and Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS).
He leaves behind his wife, Julie L. Harkness, and two children, Anna-Grace and Ashlyn.
- Commentary: New Republican ‘Commitment To America’ Is Out Of Step With Facts And What Voters Want
- Ciara Shows Us How To ‘Level Up’ Your Skincare On Instagram
- Elijah McClain’s Amended Autopsy Affirms Violent Arrest Caused His Death
- Cardi B Asks Fans For Recommendations After Revealing She’s Retaining Water
- ‘A Different World’ 35th Anniversary: How The Iconic HBCU Sitcom Still Influences Black Culture
- New Questions Raised About Herschel Walker’s Claim Of Donating Corporate Profits To Charity
- Nick Fuentes’ Pro-Trump Video Urging A ‘White Uprising’ Reminds Us How Racists Love The GOP
- What Brett Favre’s Welfare Scandal Means For Black People In Mississippi
- Netflix’s Disturbing New Series ‘Monster’ Called Out For Exploiting Black Women’s Trauma?
- Tennessee Cops Charge Black Student In Brutal School Arrest Video Over A Game Of Kickball
Ohio Native and Comedian David A. Arnold Passes Away At 54 was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com