Before we get started it’s probably a good idea for everyone to let out a long, relaxing ‘wooosah’.
Did it help? Probably not, but the homie Will Smith definitely didn’t complete that infamous exercise before calmly slapping the taste out of Chris Rock’s mouth at the 2022 Academy Awards.
But what most fans don’t understand is that this isn’t the first time Rock has made a joke about Will’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Though I have a funny feeling that it may be the last.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
After the slap heard around the world, many wondered if there was some dark history between Will and Chris that would’ve prompted such a violent outburst. Let’s break it down.
Back in 2016, at the same award ceremony, Chris Rock was hosting. At the time the ‘#OscarsSoWhite’ trend was in full effect. Several celebrities and followers on social media didn’t appreciate the lack of diversity at the award ceremony and decided to protest. Both Will and Jada boycott the show, and Rock, of course, turned it into a joke.
The line about the Smiths happens around the 2:50 mark.
“Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties,” Rock quipped during the opening monoluge. “I wasn’t invited.”
In 2018 Will showed some love to his ex-wife, Sheree Zambino, who’s the mother of his oldest son, on social media. Rock left a comment confessing that Will must “have a very understanding wife”.
And then last night happened. For Mr. Rock it looks like three strikes and a slap to the face my boy!
The point is, Chris Rock has made several remarks about Jada Pinkett Smith over the years. No one is condoning violence, and of course, Will lacked professionalism in his approach. But is there something going on between Rock and the Smiths that we just don’t know about?
Perhaps. Or perhaps we’ll never really get to the bottom of it.
But one thing’s for sure, it looks like Jayden Smith – Will and Jada’s son – is rocking with his dad on this one.
Who’s side are you on in this Will Smith/Chris Rock fiasco?
- ‘Bigly’ Mad: Donald Trump’s Civil Fraud Trial In 10 Fantastically Furious Photos
- Urban One Celebrates 43rd Anniversary Of Cathy Hughes Founding Media Empire
- LeBron: Ready For 21st Season
- Rep. Ayanna Pressley Predicts Barbara Lee Will Succeed Laphonza Butler And Win 2024 Senate Election
- Florida Sheriff Defends Cops Who Brutalized Unarmed Black Man After Seat Belt Stop
- Ron DeSantis Ally Hosts Online Debate That Considered Supporting White Nationalists In Power
- Edward Blum Uses Civil Rights Act To Block Grant Program For Black Women Owners
- Federal Appeals Court Temporarily Blocks Fearless Fund From Exclusively Serving Black Women Entrepreneurs
- Barbara Lee Reacts To Laphonza Butler’s Appointment As Dianne Feinstein’s ‘Interim’ US Senate Replacement
- Pink Lady Honors 2023
Here’s What You Don’t Know About the History of Will Smith and Chris Rock was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com
Prosecutor Wants Sex With Minor Charge Dropped Against Ohio Cop
Cincinnati: Roselawn Shooting Under Investigation
You Care: Iggy Azalea Saudi Arabia Show Cut Short After She Split Her Pants On Stage
Smell Something Weird Near Avon Lake? Here’s What It Is
Cleveland Police Say ’30 Missing Children’ Reports Are Misleading
Cincinnati: Pastor Shuttlesworth Impromptu Speech 60 Years Ago!
Ohio School Bus Crashes, 1 Child Dies On The First Day Of School
3 Charged In Drive By Shooting That Killed 9 Year Old In Silverton