Sheryl Long has been serving as Assistant City Manager for the City of Cincinnati since April 7, 2019.
In this role she helps manage various City operations, utilities and regulatory departments. Her primary responsibilities include interfacing with the Departments of Public Services, Citizen Complaint Authority, Emergency Communications Center, Office of Environment and Sustainability, Transportation & Engineering, as well as the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati, and Greater Cincinnati Water Works. She also acts as the liaison to the Cincinnati Health Department.
Mrs. Long brings a wealth of public and private experience to the City of Cincinnati. She previously served as the City Administrator for the City of North College Hill for over three years. This position required wearing a variety of hats as job responsibilities included collaborating with private-sector entities on various economic development projects, working with the State and other government entities on grant opportunities, and managing North College Hill’s multimillion-dollar annual budget.
Mrs. Long also received firsthand experience supervising multiple municipal departments including finance, public safety, public utilities, planning, building inspections, public works, and parks. She was chief negotiator in North College Hill’s labor negotiations and was principally responsible for maintaining strong relationships between the City and its various employee labor unions. Ms. Long led North College Hill’s city communications prior to being promoted to City Administrator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In addition to her public service experiences, Mrs. Long has a decade of marketing experience in the private sector (2003-2013). She used her communications skills to help market and promote millions of dollars in real-estate and economic development projects.
Mrs. Long earned a Bachelor of Arts from Miami University and a Master of Arts in Marketing from Southern New Hampshire University.
In her spare time Mrs. Long enjoys spending time with her husband “Al,” her sons Albert and Almar, and stepdaughter Alaria.
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
- Justice For Z’Kye Husain: NJ Cops Finally Settle After Viral Wrongful Arrest Of Black Teen In Mall Fight
- “Iconic” is an Understatement When it Comes to Mary J. Blige | Urban One Honors
- Republicans Are Counting On Racist Stereotypes To Attract Black Voters For Trump
- Never Forget: Ahmaud Arbery Was Lynched By Racist Murderers On This Day In American History
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
- Something More Powerful than Money| Dr. Willie Jolley
- Father Of Hydeia Broadbent Launches GoFundMe Following Activist’s Death
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Joe Burrow Scores $7.5M Home near Mt. Washington
Mississippi GOP’s Rogue Court Set To Begin As Judge Rejects Last-Ditch Effort To Halt Project
Election Day: What You Need to Know