Superbowl LVI may go down in history as one of the best games and the most epic for performances. Black star power was in full force with major celebrities like Mary Mary, Jhene Aiko, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, Mickey Guyton and more all taking the stage. And not only did they put on great performances but many made major fashion statements while giving the performance of a lifetime.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Country superstar Mickey Guyton sang the national anthem wearing American designer Sergio Hudson. You may not know Hudson by name but we are sure you’ve seen his fashions on Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris, J.Lo, and now Mickey Guyton. Guyton wore a stunning cobalt blue gown with exaggerated shoulders and a belt pinching her waist.
Queen of hip hop soul Mary J. Blige took the stage during halftime and sang two of her hits wearing a custom look from Peter Dundas. The white two piece look had irreverent sequin that was in the pattern of leopard print. And of course Mary had on her signature thigh high boots to complete the look. Dundas is not stranger to dressing the top stars and has been known to dress the likes of Beyonce, Ciara, Reese Witherspoon, Rita Ora and more.
Compton native Kendrick Lamar also took the stage at half-time performing in a militant look designed by the late great Virgil Abloh. The look is part of Abloh’s final collection for Louis Vuitton FW22 that was released just after his death in 2021. Along with the suit Kendrick wore accessories from Tiffany and Co.
- ‘Bigly’ Mad: Donald Trump’s Civil Fraud Trial In 10 Fantastically Furious Photos
- Urban One Celebrates 43rd Anniversary Of Cathy Hughes Founding Media Empire
- LeBron: Ready For 21st Season
- Rep. Ayanna Pressley Predicts Barbara Lee Will Succeed Laphonza Butler And Win 2024 Senate Election
- Florida Sheriff Defends Cops Who Brutalized Unarmed Black Man After Seat Belt Stop
- Ron DeSantis Ally Hosts Online Debate That Considered Supporting White Nationalists In Power
- Edward Blum Uses Civil Rights Act To Block Grant Program For Black Women Owners
- Federal Appeals Court Temporarily Blocks Fearless Fund From Exclusively Serving Black Women Entrepreneurs
- Barbara Lee Reacts To Laphonza Butler’s Appointment As Dianne Feinstein’s ‘Interim’ US Senate Replacement
- Pink Lady Honors 2023
Superbowl LVI Style: Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar, and Mickey Guyton was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
Prosecutor Wants Sex With Minor Charge Dropped Against Ohio Cop
Cincinnati: Roselawn Shooting Under Investigation
You Care: Iggy Azalea Saudi Arabia Show Cut Short After She Split Her Pants On Stage
Smell Something Weird Near Avon Lake? Here’s What It Is
Cleveland Police Say ’30 Missing Children’ Reports Are Misleading
Cincinnati: Pastor Shuttlesworth Impromptu Speech 60 Years Ago!
Ohio School Bus Crashes, 1 Child Dies On The First Day Of School
3 Charged In Drive By Shooting That Killed 9 Year Old In Silverton