via: Tarvenia Jones , elev8.com
“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.” Job 8:21
Hey Everyone…I Hope that you all are enjoying this Christmas season. My goal is to get a chuckle or two out of you. Sometimes when we are faced with so many grown up decisions on a daily basis it helps to enjoy a good laugh. After doing a little research (and I do mean a little) I found a list of some of funny little hiccups found in church bulletins. Enjoy!
1. Don’t let worry kill you – let the church help.
2. Thursday night – Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
3. Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say “hell” to someone who doesn’t care much about you.
4. For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
5. The rosebud on the alter this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
6. This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
7. Tuesday at 4:00 pm there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
8. Wednesday the ladies liturgy will meet. Mrs. Johnson will sing “Put me in my little bed accompanied by the pastor.”
9. Thursday at 5:00 pm there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All ladies wishing to be “Little Mothers” will meet with the Pastor in his study.
10. This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
11. The service will close with “Little Drops of Water.” One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in.
12. Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come forward and do so.
13. The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday.
14. A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
15. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
16. The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
17. Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
18. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
19. Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.
20. The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, “Break Forth Into Joy.”