According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- MODEL MONDAY: Jessica Zyrie Is Proud To Walk In Independent Shows
- The Lincoln Ware Rewind: African-American Deaths from Overdose are Soaring in The Tristate Area
- Harrowing Photos Of Border Patrol With Whips On Horseback Hunting Haitian Migrants Evoke Images Of Slavery
- The Way Gabby Petito’s Fiancé Brian Laundrie Has Evaded Arrest Epitomizes White Privilege
- Cedric The Entertainer & Company Pay Homage To Biz Markie At Emmy Awards
- Cincinnati: Bengals Could Not Pull Off The Come Back!
- The Grandson of Cleveland’s Mayor Killed By Gunfire
- Issa Rae Wore $3 Eye Shadow To The 2021 Emmys And We’ve Never Related To Her More
- ‘Power Book III: Raising Kanan’ Recap: Raq Takes Advantage of Detective Howard’s Desperation
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
This Ohio Hospital’s ICU is Full Because of COVID-19 was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com