According to NBC4i, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has died at the age of 24.
The team reports his death was due to an apparent head injury suffered during a fall.
Novi, Michigan police Lt. Jason Meier tells The Associated Press a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Meier says Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- Elderly Black Man In Need Of Medical Treatment Released From Georgia Hospital And Found Laying On The Ground Outside
- COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation Targeting Black Communities Feeds Off Real Anxieties According To New Report
- Jordyn Woods Serves Face And Body In Burgundy Cut-Out Dress
- Rapper Lil’ Durk Gushed Over Longtime Love India Royale And Her Cosmetic Line On Nicki Minaj’s IG Live
- New ‘The Batman’ Trailer Gives Us More Dark Knight & Plenty of Zoe Kravitz As Catwoman
- Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Black Adam’ Rocks The DC FanDome In First Look Teaser
- Ciara Gifts Gabrielle Union A Fashion Box From Her LITA by Ciara Collection And It’s Everything!
- NFL Players Association Head Says Players Deserve ‘Full Accounting’ Of League Misconduct
- Man Shot By Kyle Rittenhouse Is Suing Kenosha Police for Enabling Violent White Supremacist
- Surprise! Eve Reveals She’s Expecting Her First Child: ‘You All Know How Long We’ve Been Waiting For This Blessing!’
Columbus Blue Jackets Goalie Dies in Tragic Fireworks Accident was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com