A day of fun turned to tragedy as a woman who lost consciousness aboard a roller coaster at an Indiana theme park later died at a hospital.
The tragic scene unfolded on a Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari roller coaster Friday (June 4). The Indiana amusement and water park said an emergency crew arrived at the Voyage coaster three minutes after 47-year-old Dawn R. Jankovic, of Brunswick, Ohio, was discovered in her seat at the conclusion of the ride.
In a report by Fox8, Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck said Jankovic died later that evening at a hospital in Jasper, Indiana.
On the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Facebook page, a statement was posted about the incident.
“A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.” The statement read. “The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.”
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- Megan Thee Stallion Heats Things Up In Miami At Sports Illustrated Swim Edition Launch Party
- Gabrielle Union Embraces Her Natural Curly Locs After The Big Chop
- Dallas Cowboys’ Dak Prescott Incorrectly Uses HIPAA As An Excuse Not To Reveal If He Has Been Vaccinated
- Biden Administration’s Environmental Justice Initiative Kicks Into Gear
- In Fight for Freedom And Equality, Lil Nas X Raises Money For Bail Fund
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: Things Are Not Getting Any Better
- Henry Golding, Andrew Koji, Úrsula Corberó & Haruka Abe Talk ‘Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins’
- Naomi Osaka Lit The Olympic Cauldron At The Tokyo Opening Ceremony With Braids That Repped Her Country
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Expands Shades Of Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick Collection
- OHIO: 3 Injured In A Night Club Shooting
The Magic of Josephine Baker & 10 Black Women Who Changed Hollywood Forever
1. BeyoncéSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Hattie McDanielSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lauryn HillSource:Live Nation 3 of 10
4. Whitney Houston
4 of 10
5. RihannaSource:Courtesy Of Paper Magazine/Photography By Sebastian Faena 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ava DuVernay
7 of 10
8. Oprah Winfrey
8 of 10
9. Eartha Kitt
9 of 10
10. Dorothy Dandridge
10 of 10
Ohio Woman Dies After Passing Out On Roller Coaster was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com