Wednesday morning a black man and resident in Elizabeth City, North Carolina was killed by a sheriff’s deputy while serving a warrant. Less than 24 hours after the guilty verdict of Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd and Ma’Khia Bryant who was shot by a cop in Columbus,Ohio.
The victim has been identified as 40-year-old Andrew Brown Jr. The Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Office hasn’t identified the officer that opened fire on Brown.
It was reported that six to eight gunshots were heard, where Brown died on the scene. No word if he was the person receiving the warrant.
Reporter, Jason Marks on the scene, describes it as “very tense” and “lots of emotions”.
Pasquotank County Sheriff Tom Wooten II conducted a press conference for updates on the situation
- Saweetie Looks Picture Perfect In Custom Polaroid Dress
- Alicia Keys Aims To Reawaken The Feminine Power In All Of Us Through Her 21 Day Meditation Experience
- Clock Is Ticking On Police Reform Agreement Ahead Of George Floyd Anniversary
- The Remains Of MOVE Police Bombing Victims Previously Thought To Be Destroyed Are Actually Intact, Philadelphia Says
- Nikole Hannah-Jones Gets Her Flowers At Urban One Honors
- Watch Toccara Host TSR’s New Plus-Size Model Competition ‘Thick House’
- ‘Army of the Dead’s Dave Bautista Credits Zack Snyder’s “Visual Eye” & “Being An Artist” Lured Him To The Film
- Tanisha Thomas Dishes On Her Weight Loss Journey: ‘At My Heaviest, I Was 300 Pounds’
- Historic $10 Million Settlement For Andre Hill’s Police Killing In Columbus Is Called ‘The Right Thing’
- Life Sentence Over Weed Conviction Upheld Is For ‘Habitual Offender’ In Mississippi