According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- 1972: Aretha Franklin Makes History With ‘Amazing Grace’ | Black Music Month
- Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
- Thembi Mawema Shares The Pros And Cons Of Her Position As The Director Of Social Content For The Shade Room
- Funeral Details Set For Cyrus Carmack-Belton As Killer’s Violent Past Surfaces
- From Stonewall to Global Celebration: The Evolution Of LGBTQ+ Pride
- Cincinnati: FC Cincinnati Is Off To Their Best Start Ever
- Jessie Maple, 1st Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
- 1971: Bill Withers Releases His Debut Album ‘Just As I Am’ | Black Music Month
- Lizzo Takes To Twitter To Shut Down Body-Shaming Trolls
- Country Singer Jimmie Allen to Sell Mansion Following Rape Lawsuit and Divorce
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com