The Centers for Disease Control has released information from a new study that can be startling for minority families. The study reveals that more than three-quarters of the children who have died from COVID-19 between February and July of 2020 were Black, Hispanic, or Native American.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
While the chances of a child contracting COVID-19 are lower than adults, these numbers have to be alarming to minority families. Of the children included in this survey, 75 percent of them had at least one pre-existing health condition like asthma or obesity. This could be an indication of why this is affecting minority children because they are more likely to have these types of health conditions. Along with minority children, African-American’s under the age of 65 are twice as likely to die from COVID-19.
All that being said, COVID-19 is still ramped, and taking the recommended safety measure is even more important than ever. Read more about the CDC study here.
- Cincinnati: FC Cincinnati Is Off To Their Best Start Ever
- 1971: Bill Withers Releases His Debut Album ‘Just As I Am’ | Black Music Month
- Lizzo Takes To Twitter To Shut Down Body-Shaming Trolls
- Country Singer Jimmie Allen to Sell Mansion Following Rape Lawsuit and Divorce
- SZA On Getting A BBL: ‘I Always Wanted A Really Fat A** With Less Gym Time’
- 16-Year-Old Found Shot to Death Behind Abandoned Cleveland School
- Store Owner Killing Black Teen Mirrors The Worst Stereotypes In Black-Asian Relations
- I-76 Road Rage Shooting Suspect Arrested
- 3rd Man Charged In The Murder of Jam Master Jay
- Cincinnati: Matt McClain Reds shortstop Is The MLB National League Player Of The Week.
CDC: The Majority of Children That Have Died From COVID19 Are Black, Hispanic, or Native American was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Ed Sheeran did not copy Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On”, jury rules
The ‘King Of Calypso’: A Tribute To Harry Belafonte
Billy Porter Fires Back At Critics Questioning His Role As James Baldwin In Biopic
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to be Honored at Ohio Black Expo
He’s Back! Jamie Foxx Announces Return To TV With New Show
Sybil Wilkes ‘What You Need To Know’ Texas GOP Bill Laser-Focused — Appreciate Teachers Salaries — Forced To Play Cotton Picking Game
Facebook Friday: June 2, 2017 Former Police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell And More [video]