Mars unveiled the new name for its 70-year-old Uncle Ben’s rice brand.
This is the latest company to drop a logo criticized as a racial stereotype.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Packaging with the new name Ben’s Original will hit stores next year.
“We listened to our associates and our customers and the time is right to make meaningful changes across society,” said Fiona Dawson, global president for Mars Food, multisales and global customers. “When you are making these changes, you are not going to please everyone. But it’s about doing the right thing, not the easy thing.”
- Lovie Simone On ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Remake: ‘You Get To See The Lifestyle Of The Black Girl Without It Being Traumatizing’
- Barack Obama Joins HBO’s ‘The Shop: Uninterrupted’ This Friday
- Rep. Cedric Richmond Says Biden Campaign Never Told Ice Cube To Hold On Until After Election
- Wendy Williams Addresses Concerns Over Recent Behavior
- #RussRant: Black’s Don’t Want To Work For Success? [VIDEO]
- Cincinnati: Shooting In Avondale Police Investigate
- Philadelphia Cops Kill Walter Wallace Jr., Black Man With Knife Who Video Shows Didn’t Pose Deadly Threat To Police
- Civil Rights Leaders Shake Their Heads At Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 27, 2020: New Supreme Court Justice — First Black Catholic Cardinal — Unstable School Re-Openings
- Delusions of Grandeur: Trump Claims ’60 Minutes’ Interview Walk Out Showed “Strength”
Uncle Ben’s Rice Brand Gets A New Name Change, Are We Here For it? was originally published on 92q.com