The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a warning ahead of Halloween.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC is advising people to abstain from door-to-door trick-or-treating and costume masks and parties.
“Many traditional Halloween activities can be high-risk for spreading viruses,” the agency said in its posting. “There are several safer, alternative ways to participate in Halloween.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Low-risk Halloween activities include carving pumpkins and decorating your home, outdoor scavenger hunts, virtual costume contests and hosting a movie night with household members.
Moderate risk events include visiting pumpkin patches or orchard visits and outdoor Halloween movie night with local family friends. If you want to trick-or-treat, the CDC said it’s best to do so by placing candy at the end of a driveway or edge of a yard.
The CDC said it’s still important to wear a mask if engaging in moderate-risk activities.
“A costume mask (such as for Halloween) is not a substitute for a cloth mask,” the CDC said. “A costume mask should not be used unless it is made of two or more layers of breathable fabric that covers the mouth and nose and doesn’t leave gaps.”
High-risk activities like door-to-door trick-or-treating, attending crowded, indoor costume parties, visiting indoor haunted houses or going on hayrides or tractors rides with strangers should be avoided.
The CDC said people should also avoid doing trunk-or-treat where treats are handed out from trunks of cars lined up in large parking lots.
However, the agency said their guidelines are not meant to replace any local or state mandates on the pandemic.
Read More: CBS Baltimore
- Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
- I’ve Never Had A Twitter Account: Dave Chappelle Recounts His Hilarious “Beef” With Katt Williams
- Cleveland Makes List of Top 10 ‘Food’ Cities in the Country!
- Here’s What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
- Keke Palmer Says Of All Her Careers, Motherhood Is Her ‘Greatest Gig Of All’
- Cincinnati: The Bengals Sign Safety Nick Scott
- Nike Says StockX Sold 38 Pairs Of Bogus Nike Sneakers To Reseller In Court Filing
- Minnesota Republican Claims Genocides Between Native Americans And White People Went ‘Each Way’
- 6 Important Things To Know About Ramadan
- Saweetie Dishes On Her Candy Crush Collab + Her Desire To Portray Play A Super Villain On The Big Screen
Trick-Or-Treating Among Activities To Avoid This Halloween According To The CDC was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com
Chad Ochocinco Johnson: Has A New Job
Radio One Cincinnati & The Hollywood Casino Indiana Celebrates Lincoln Wares 50th Radioversary
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
White Artists We Could Have Sworn Were Black
Tyre Nichols May Have A Skate Park Named In His Honor In Sacramento
Autopsy Report Suggests Rasheem Carter Was Lynched, But Mississippi Cops Say No ‘Foul Play’