The ticket is set.
On Tuesday (August 11), Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden announced California senator Kamala Harris as his running mate. Harris, the former Attorney General for California, would be the first Black woman named to a major party’s Presidential ticket and would be the first female Vice President if Biden is elected in November.
“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate,” Biden tweeted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
He added, “Back when Kamala was Attorney General, she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse. I was proud then, and I’m proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign.”
Harris, who initially ran for President until she suspended her campaign last December, endorsed Biden for President earlier this year.
- Mark Cuban Reaches Out To Delonte West, Offers Support
- Zonnique Is Glowing In Her Comfortable Pregnancy Style
- Russ Rant: Donald Trump Lied About His Finances & Doesn’t Know What He’s Doing [VIDEO]
- POLL: Over Half Americans Will Cancel Holiday Celebrations Due to Pandemic
- TRIED IT: Balance Athletica’s Harmony Collection Restored My Faith In Cute, Sustainable Athlesisure Wear
- Cincinnati: 2 People Arrested At The Hill Top Plaza Parking Lot
- Breonna Taylor’s Black Neighbor Breaks His Silence: ‘My Apartment Was Hit Too’
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — September 28, 2020: Judicial Hot Seat — Birmingham Church Bombing Survivor — Black Female Judges
- Here Are All of The New Products Amazon Announced For This Fall
- Kanye West Visits Haiti, Gets Tour From President
Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris As His Pick For Vice President was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com