According to Governor Mike DeWine Ohio is experiencing its largest COVID-19 spike since April! Ohio has been doing a good job flattening the curve for the last two months but today was a day we didn’t want to see for the state.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In the last twenty-four hours Ohio has seen a spike of 951 confirmed cases. 60% of the confirmed cases are 20-49 years old making the average age of COVID-19 diagnosis at 42 years old. In May the average age was 51 years old. Also in the last twenty-four hours, there have been 16 deaths, 68 hospitalizations, and 7 intensive care unit admissions.
Governor Mike DeWine also revealed via Twitter what area of the state has had the most confirmed cases also known as hotspots, “The uptick in cases is being seen in the region around Hamilton County, including Butler and Clermont counties in Ohio.”
So how do we spot the spread? Wearing a mask or face coverings when you go out and social distancing of at least 6 feet. As of now, Governor DeWine is not planning on closing businesses again like Flordia and Texas are currently experiencing.
Wanting to get tested for COVID-19 or find out more information? Visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Watch Inauguration Day Live: Swearing In Ceremony, Virtual Parade And More Streamed Online
- TriState Strong Getting to Zero
- Tennis Superstar Naomi Osaka Becomes New Global Ambassador for TAG Heuer
- Kobe Bryant, Muhammad Ali & Other Sports Heroes To Be Immortalized With Statues In Disgraced President Donald Trump’s National Garden
- “We Just Move On”: Kyrie Irving Returns But Still Keeps Mum on Why He Was Away
- Watch Pop Smoke Make His Posthumous Acting Debut in Coming-of-Age Film “Boogie”
- Who Is Amanda Gorman And How She Won The 2021 Inauguration
- What They Wore: The Obamas, VP Harris, First Lady Biden and More on Inauguration Day
- Mega Millions: The Jackpot Has Moved Up To $970 Million
- Trump pardons Lil Wayne and Steve Bannon, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — January 20, 2021: Inauguration Day — CDC Predicts 500K Deaths by February — Amazon’s $2B Affordable Housing
Ohio Experiencing COVID-19 Resurge, See Where The Hotspots Are was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com