According to Governor Mike DeWine Ohio is experiencing its largest COVID-19 spike since April! Ohio has been doing a good job flattening the curve for the last two months but today was a day we didn’t want to see for the state.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In the last twenty-four hours Ohio has seen a spike of 951 confirmed cases. 60% of the confirmed cases are 20-49 years old making the average age of COVID-19 diagnosis at 42 years old. In May the average age was 51 years old. Also in the last twenty-four hours, there have been 16 deaths, 68 hospitalizations, and 7 intensive care unit admissions.
Governor Mike DeWine also revealed via Twitter what area of the state has had the most confirmed cases also known as hotspots, “The uptick in cases is being seen in the region around Hamilton County, including Butler and Clermont counties in Ohio.”
So how do we spot the spread? Wearing a mask or face coverings when you go out and social distancing of at least 6 feet. As of now, Governor DeWine is not planning on closing businesses again like Flordia and Texas are currently experiencing.
Wanting to get tested for COVID-19 or find out more information? Visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — September 25, 2020: Trump Won’t Give Up — Officials Plead For Calm — Racism Costs $16 Trillion
- Cincinnati: High School Football Game Canceled After Positive Covid-19 Tests
- Christopher Vialva: Read The Final Words From First Black Person Executed By Trump’s Administration
- ‘Look At The Coons’ Song And Video Go Viral After Daniel Cameron Defends Grand Jury Decision
- Missy Elliott Is Back To Her Signature Short Pixie Cut And It Looks Amazing
- Meet The 3 Natural Hair Beauties From Da Real BB Judy’s WAP Parody
- H.E.R. Collaborates With Fender To Make Her The First Black Female Artist With Signature Guitar
- Tamron Hall Talks About Her Talk Show, Friendship with Alfredas
- Lizzo Asks Where Are The Girls With Back Fat As She Critiques The Body-Positivity Movement In The October Issue Of Vogue
- Solutions From Corporate America: How Brands Are Using Their Voices To Advance Black Communities
Ohio Experiencing COVID-19 Resurge, See Where The Hotspots Are was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com