Ohio Democratic Senator Tina Maharath broke down in session today while having discussions about racism. This session was being held to further discuss the proposal to declare racism a public health crisis.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Senator Maharath fears that sending her child back to school will lead to racism due to President Trump continuing to refer to COVID-19 as “kung-flu” or the “Chinese Virus”. Senator Maharath is Ohio’s first Asian American lawmaker and serves the 3rd district.
Senator Maharath was attending an Ohio Senate Health Committee meeting and listening to guests sharing how racism has impacted their lives. Senator Maharath was taken back by the stories shared saying, “My son is 8 years old, He’s about to go to school and probably have the same thing that happened to you. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to know that they’re telling us to go back to China. They’re telling us this is a Chinese virus.” Senator Maharath also shared some of her feelings on Twitter
After her tweet Senator Maharath started to receive many tweets of support.
President Trump continues to stand behind his racist language as he blames China for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TriState Strong Getting to Zero
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — January 15, 2021: Next Up: Trump Trial — Covid-19 Cases Low Among Children — Pastor Fatally Shot
- Ohio: Two Accused of Keeping Woman in Dog Cage, Kidnapping and Rape
- Ohio: Two Bodies Found in Concrete Inside Residence
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Nominated To Be Vice Chair Of DNC
- Lil’ Kim: My Legendary Leopard Bikini Will Always Be In My Fashion Hall Of Fame
- Alicia Keys Launches New Skincare Products Through Her Beauty Brand Keys Soulcare
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: Let’s Talk The Vaccine and the Black Community
- Biden Picks Jaime Harrison To Lead DNC As Critics Say ‘Good Riddance’ To Tom Perez
- Hot Off The Wire: Dr. Dre’s Wife Says She Has PTSD From His Rage [WATCH]
- Rihanna Collaborates With Legendary Artist Lorna Simpson For The Jan/Feb Issue Of Essence
Ohio Senator Breaks Down During Session Due to Racism was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com