An active-duty Navy sailor fatally shot two civilians Wednesday and wounded another before killing himself at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in Hawaii, according to the military base.
The shipyard went on lockdown Wednesday while security forces responded to reports of a shooting that occurred about 2:30 p.m. local time. Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam tweeted about 5 p.m. that the shooter had been identified as a United States sailor.
The sailor shot at three male Defense Department civilian workers before fatally shooting himself, Rear Adm. Robert Chadwick said at a news conference. Two of the three workers later died, and one was listed in stable condition Wednesday night. Chadwick said officials don’t yet know whether the shooting was targeted or random.
The base was put on lockdown for hours Wednesday afternoon after the shooting took place near the shipyard’s Dry Dock 2, the base reported when the lockdown was lifted.
For the full article, click the link below.