Ain’t nothing like a good sweet potato pie recipe like your grandma used to make! But if your grandma was like every old school grandma, she didn’t really have a recipe because she had skills like that!
So we wrote our recipe down for Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe for you enjoy and share with your entire family!
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 small can (5 ounces, about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 prepared pie shells, unbaked
Mix butter, potatoes, sugar and evaporated milk until well blended. Add vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour, until set.
Makes 2 pies.
- Buying Black: How To Find Black Business Near Me
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — July 7, 2020: Say Their Names — Frederick Douglass Statue Vandalized — Credit Limits Increasing
- Celebrate Blackout Day July 7th By Buying Black!
- Black Fashion Designers From Ohio
- Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
- Unemployed Ohioans May Be Eligible For 20 Weeks Of Extended Benefits
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces She’s Tested Positive For COVID-19
- What Is Blackout Day? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Stanley From “The Office” Is Trying to Raise $300,000 To Make His Own Spinoff
- Rickey Smiley Rips Black On Black Gun Violence After His Daughter Is Shot In Houston