20-year-old Brooke “Skylar” Richardson of Carlisle, Ohio is probably breathing a sigh of relief after she was acquitted by jurors Thursday, September 12th for murdering her newborn baby girl. Richardson was facing life in prison for allegedly killing her newborn baby and burying her the child in the backyard of her parent’s home within days of her senior prom.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to reports, a tip was given to a local doctors office that then alerted the police. Police responded by searching the home where Richardson had been living in Carlisle with her parents where they found a baby buried in a shallow grave.
Richardson was arrested and charged with aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment charges. Richardson’s defense was that the baby was stillborn. Prosecutors claimed that the baby wasn’t stillborn and that she wanted to keep her “perfect life”. There were conflicting reports whether the baby Richardson named “Annabelle” was alive or not at birth.
Richardson was acquitted on all charges except for abuse of a corpse. This charge could get Richardson up to a year in prison but she could get probation for the charge. Many on social media are comparing this case to the nationally watched Casey Anthony trial.
Watch the verdict for Richardson’s trial here:
- New Bill To Shut Down Mississippi Public Universities Names 3 HBCUS
- Pursue Excellence and You Can Make History | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Video Shows Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears Misgender Trans Senator As ‘Sir,’ Offers Non-Apology
- Federal Prosecutors Indict Journalist Accused Of Illegally Accessing Unaired Tucker Carlson Fox News Clips
- Jalyn Hall Names His Favorite Actors He Would Want to Work With
- Donald Trump Jr. Claims ‘African American Men’ Regularly Come Up To Him And Say He’s Their ‘Hero’
- Luther Vandross Mistakenly Featured In Madonna’s AIDS Tribute During Concert
- Leonard Cure Update: Federal Lawsuit Names ‘Extremely Aggressive’ Georgia Cop Who Killed Unarmed Black Driver
- John Legend: To Perform With Cleveland Orchestra
- Gov. Wes Moore Warns Black Voters Of Trump’s Divisive Rhetoric
Foodie Friday’s: BlaCk Coffee
Should Immigrants Get Fast-Tracked To Citizenship If They Join The Military? | What’s Your Point?
Foodie Friday’s: King’s Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
"Poor Little Tink Tink" Murders His Girlfriend!
The Lincoln Ware Show
Mississippi GOP’s Rogue Court Set To Begin As Judge Rejects Last-Ditch Effort To Halt Project
Joe Burrow Scores $7.5M Home near Mt. Washington
Mitt Romney proposes giving $1K to every US adult during pandemic