20-year-old Brooke “Skylar” Richardson of Carlisle, Ohio is probably breathing a sigh of relief after she was acquitted by jurors Thursday, September 12th for murdering her newborn baby girl. Richardson was facing life in prison for allegedly killing her newborn baby and burying her the child in the backyard of her parent’s home within days of her senior prom.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to reports, a tip was given to a local doctors office that then alerted the police. Police responded by searching the home where Richardson had been living in Carlisle with her parents where they found a baby buried in a shallow grave.
Richardson was arrested and charged with aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment charges. Richardson’s defense was that the baby was stillborn. Prosecutors claimed that the baby wasn’t stillborn and that she wanted to keep her “perfect life”. There were conflicting reports whether the baby Richardson named “Annabelle” was alive or not at birth.
Richardson was acquitted on all charges except for abuse of a corpse. This charge could get Richardson up to a year in prison but she could get probation for the charge. Many on social media are comparing this case to the nationally watched Casey Anthony trial.
Watch the verdict for Richardson’s trial here:
- Rihanna Gives Bossed Up Durag Energy On New British Vogue Cover
- Russ Rant: Here’s Why Russ Is Praising Mike Pence….
- The 2020 Essence Festival Is Cancelled; ‘My 600lb Life Shuts Down; & More
- Governor Mike DeWine is Keeping Ohio Schools Closed Thru May 1st
- GLOBAL CONDOM SHORTAGE IS LOOMING?
- Should You Wear Contacts or Glasses During the Outbreak?
- DJ Jazzy Jeff Has Been Very Sick Many Allege It’s COVID-19
- 401k Withdrawal Penalties Waived Under COVID-19 Stimulus Package
- Shaq Defends His Appearance On Netflix’s Tiger King Alongside Joe Exotic
- Former Ohio State Football Player Talks Effects of COVID-19