An 18-year-old accused of bringing a loaded gun to school appeared in court Wednesday. Yairius Orso-Miller appeared in court on charges of illegal conveyance of a deadly weapon in a school safety zone and carrying a concealed weapon.
Orso is a senior at Dohn Community High School.
According to court papers, school security confiscated the gun on Tuesday. No one was hurt.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
When asked about a bond recommendation, assistant prosecutor David Wood said, “I think most people that live in this community would consider an 18-year-old carrying a loaded firearm tucked in his waistband to school to be a danger.”
The judge ordered Orso-Miller held on $50,000 bond. He must wear an electronic monitoring device if he posts bond and he’s been ordered to stay away from the school.
- TriState Strong Getting to Zero
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — January 15, 2021: Next Up: Trump Trial — Covid-19 Cases Low Among Children — Pastor Fatally Shot
- Ohio: Two Accused of Keeping Woman in Dog Cage, Kidnapping and Rape
- Ohio: Two Bodies Found in Concrete Inside Residence
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Nominated To Be Vice Chair Of DNC
- Lil’ Kim: My Legendary Leopard Bikini Will Always Be In My Fashion Hall Of Fame
- Alicia Keys Launches New Skincare Products Through Her Beauty Brand Keys Soulcare
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: Let’s Talk The Vaccine and the Black Community
- Biden Picks Jaime Harrison To Lead DNC As Critics Say ‘Good Riddance’ To Tom Perez
- Hot Off The Wire: Dr. Dre’s Wife Says She Has PTSD From His Rage [WATCH]
- Rihanna Collaborates With Legendary Artist Lorna Simpson For The Jan/Feb Issue Of Essence