CLEVELAND — A 36-year-old inmate at Cuyahoga County Jail, later identified as Nicholas Colbert, died Friday afternoon, a county official confirmed.
Colbert was booked into the jail on Wednesday afternoon on drug possession charges, according to county spokeswoman Mary Louise Madigan.
On Friday morning, Colbert was approved for transfer to the veteran’s pod, which is designated for those who have served in the armed forces. He was moved there at 11 a.m., Madigan said.
At 2:28 p.m. Friday, a corrections officer found Colbert unresponsive in his cell, Madigan said. EMS was called, and Colbert was taken to MetroHealth. The county was notified at 3:05 p.m. that Colbert had died.
READ MORE: News5Cleveland.com
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of YouTube and WEWS News 5 Cleveland
29 Black Women Who Died In Police Custody
1. Renee Davis, 23Source: 1 of 5
2. Gynnya McMillenSource: 2 of 5
3. Kindra ChapmanSource: 3 of 5
4. Miriam CareySource: 4 of 5
5. Darnesha HarrisSource: 5 of 5
- Knicks President James Dolan Gives Terrible Explanation As To Why The Franchise Hasn’t Released A Statement About The Protests
- How to Support the Movement for #BlackLivesMatter?
- We’re With You In This
- 5 Mistakes You May Still Be Making with Face Masks
- Saweetie & PrettyLittleThing Launch Second Collab With Proceeds Going to BLM
- 1 in 5 Teachers May Not Return to School in the Fall
- Bevy Smith Called Virgil Abloh A ‘Basic B*tch’ And I Haven’t Stopped Laughing Since
- Cincinnati: Police Chief Isaac Takes One Knee With Protesters [Video]
- Judge Hatchett Predicts What Will Happen In The Case Of George Floyd [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- The COVID-19 Death Toll Has Surpassed 100,000 In The United States