CLEVELAND — A 36-year-old inmate at Cuyahoga County Jail, later identified as Nicholas Colbert, died Friday afternoon, a county official confirmed.
Colbert was booked into the jail on Wednesday afternoon on drug possession charges, according to county spokeswoman Mary Louise Madigan.
On Friday morning, Colbert was approved for transfer to the veteran’s pod, which is designated for those who have served in the armed forces. He was moved there at 11 a.m., Madigan said.
At 2:28 p.m. Friday, a corrections officer found Colbert unresponsive in his cell, Madigan said. EMS was called, and Colbert was taken to MetroHealth. The county was notified at 3:05 p.m. that Colbert had died.
READ MORE: News5Cleveland.com
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of YouTube and WEWS News 5 Cleveland
29 Black Women Who Died In Police Custody
1. Renee Davis, 23Source: 1 of 5
2. Gynnya McMillenSource: 2 of 5
3. Kindra ChapmanSource: 3 of 5
4. Miriam CareySource: 4 of 5
5. Darnesha HarrisSource: 5 of 5
- Northern Hospitality: A Toronto Restaurant Has an Interesting Way to Keep Kawhi Leonard with the Raptors
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: Why Amy Murray Isn’t in a Hurry to Decriminalize Marijuana
- 2019 BET Awards: Cardi B Leads With Seven Nominations, Nipsey Hussle Nominated Posthumously
- Chris Rock Teams Up With Lionsgate To Reboot The ‘Saw’ Franchise
- He Had Time: Odell Beckham Jr. Calls Out Colin Cowherd On Twitter
- Tom Joyner Foundation Launches Exciting New Podcast-HBCUbiquity
- Check Your Ego: Ben Simmons & How to Increase Your Value
- Robert Pattinson Reportedly in Negotiations to Play Batman in Upcoming Matt Reeves Film
- Ayesha Curry Teaches Us That In The Age Of Oversharing, Transparency Is Not Always Best
- Ciara Reveals The Prayer She Prayed That Led Her To Russell Wilson