CLEVELAND — A 36-year-old inmate at Cuyahoga County Jail, later identified as Nicholas Colbert, died Friday afternoon, a county official confirmed.
Colbert was booked into the jail on Wednesday afternoon on drug possession charges, according to county spokeswoman Mary Louise Madigan.
On Friday morning, Colbert was approved for transfer to the veteran’s pod, which is designated for those who have served in the armed forces. He was moved there at 11 a.m., Madigan said.
At 2:28 p.m. Friday, a corrections officer found Colbert unresponsive in his cell, Madigan said. EMS was called, and Colbert was taken to MetroHealth. The county was notified at 3:05 p.m. that Colbert had died.
READ MORE: News5Cleveland.com
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of YouTube and WEWS News 5 Cleveland
29 Black Women Who Died In Police Custody
1. Renee Davis, 23Source: 1 of 5
2. Gynnya McMillenSource: 2 of 5
3. Kindra ChapmanSource: 3 of 5
4. Miriam CareySource: 4 of 5
5. Darnesha HarrisSource: 5 of 5
- Willow Smith Greases Her Mother’s Scalp In This Candid Mother-Daughter Moment
- TREND REPORT: What’s Hot In Swimwear Based Off The Runway At Miami Swim Week
- Sen. Kamala Harris Lands Endorsement Of Major Civil Rights Attorney
- TIFFANY HADDISH: ACTRESS GRANTED ERITREAN CITIZENSHIP
- ‘LHHATLS8’ Recap: Joc Fights Hard To Get Kendra Back On His Side
- St. Louis Wildest Crowd Moments of Tom Joyner One More Time Experience
- Surfbordt! Safaree’s 12-Inch ‘Anaconda’ Sex Toy Is ‘Finally’ Here
- Lashana Lynch Will Make History As The First Black Woman To Take On 007 Role In New James Bond Film
- Joycelyn Savage and Azriel Clary Say’s ‘We Are Still At The Trump’
- Lonzo Ball On His Reaction To Being Traded & His Expectations Of Playing With Zion Williamson