CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) – A study compiling violent crime statistics from the FBI for each state shows that Cleveland is, “by far,” the most dangerous city in Ohio.
In 2017, FBI data shows that over 1.2 million violent crimes were committed in the United States. Violent crimes consist of aggravated assault, rape, robbery, and murder.
The website 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the statistics and determined that Cleveland is the most dangerous city in Ohio.
According to the study, 1,557 violent crimes were committed in Cleveland for every 100,000 people in 2017.
- 5,999 violent crimes reported in Cleveland in 2017.
- Violent crimes reported in Cleveland accounted for 17.3% of the state’s totals.
READ MORE: Cleveland19.com
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of joe daniel price and Getty Images
25 Devastating Crime Stories That Shocked Us In 2015
1. Deiondre PorterSource: 1 of 8
2. DeAndre JohnsonSource: 2 of 8
3. Brent RandallSource: 3 of 8
4. Kendrick Johnson
Source: 4 of 8
5. Antquonette Hale and Tahnaizja Smith
Source: 5 of 8
6. Tony Robinson, Jr.Source: 6 of 8
7. Latandra EllingtonSource: 7 of 8
8. Keisha JenkinsSource: 8 of 8
Cleveland is The Most Dangerous City According to a Study was originally published on wzakcleveland.com