TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: Threats to Put a Bullet in Dr. Fauci’s Head
- Police Accountability: More Cops Are Being Punished For Not Stopping Brutal Officers Using Excessive Force
- Ed Buck Found Guilty In Fatal Sex-Fueled Drug Overdoses Of Black Men
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — July 28, 2021: January 6 Insurrection — Laws to Suppress the Vote — CDC to Update Mask Guidance
- Akron Mural Honoring LeBron James Vandalized
- Ohio: Man Faces Abduction Charge After Grabbing Teen At Airport
- Ohio: Video Shows Woman’s Brutal Attack On Beauty Store Owners Over Declined Card
- #RussRant: The Problem With Sen. Wendy Rogers’ Contradictory Tweet About American Traitors [VIDEO]
- Stacey Morris and Nena Ross Discuss Styling Hair On The Set Of ‘Blackish’ And How The Pandemic Influenced Their Work
- Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn Testifies He’d Never Been Called N-Word In Uniform Until Jan. 6: ‘Is This America?’