TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- The BUZZ Celebrates Black Music Month
- Ivy Park Teases With A New Launch Just In Time For The Summer
- Voting Rights Tour Raises Awareness Across The South On Its Way To D.C.
- ‘Dismantling Democracy’: Republicans’ Latest Filibuster Is Another Attempt To ‘Kill Black Voting Power’
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — June 23, 2021: Blocked Elections Bill — Extend Eviction Moratorium — Olympic Hopeful Noah Lyles
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: 5 People Shot in One Day in Cincinnati
- Candace Owens Charged $30K For Republican Speaking Gig She Abruptly Reneged On: Report
- TRIED IT: The Il MAKIAGE X Carli Bybel Moonstruck Face Palette Gave My Skin A Natural Glow
- Tiffany Haddish Doesn’t Wear Her Bonnet At The Airport: ‘It’s About Respecting Yourself’
- Russ Rant: Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson Is A Hypocrite [WATCH]
- Democratic U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse Accused Of Belonging To ‘All-White’ Beach Club In Rhode Island