Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Pretty sure Jada Pinkett-Smith is out here saving marriages with her realistic breakdowns of what happens post “I Do.” Since the launch of Jada’s Facebook show “Red Table Talk,” the actress has been very candid about her personal and relationship issues and how she triumphed over them.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
On a recent episode, the “Set It Off” star told the table that she was not prepared for the “deterioration of fantasies” that would transpire in her long-lived marriage.
“Let me tell you, nobody talks about the sacrifice, the deterioration and the dissolving of fantasies,” she told rapper Wale.
“You, right now, have in your mind your perfect woman. And when you find that woman, she’s gonna be a goddess to you. We fall in love with the goddess, or the god, within that person, and then when we actually meet the human being, then we gotta learn how to love that one.”
Continuing, “The reason why it is so important to me to be able to stick it out is to really get to the true meaning of love, in my opinion, it is unconditional. It has to be, because we are all too flawed. No matter how much work we do! It never ends.”
But she sites this “brush with reality” isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Seeing the raw and ugly parts of someone and choosing to love them anyway is where the purity of love kicks in.
“At the end of the day, to know that you have another person that can love you for all that you are … Will has loved me through the worst of myself,” she added. “And I have done the same. When somebody can love you in that way, it makes your faith in the world come together. I am 47 years old and I want you to know, that this is probably the first year of my life that I can say, ‘I am happy,’ because that’s how long the journey has been.”
You can watch more below:
Will & Jada’s Love Stands The Test Of Time [PHOTOS]
1. Los Angeles Premiere of The Matrix ReloadedSource: 1 of 15
2. 2nd Annual BET AwardsSource: 2 of 15
3. World Premiere of ‘Reign Over Me’ NYCSource: 3 of 15
4. 12Museum of Moving Image Salute to Will SmithSource: 4 of 15
5. 46664 Concert – LondonSource: 5 of 15
6. 79th Academy Awards – Arrivals – Los AngelesSource: 6 of 15
7. Will Smith The Oscars 2004Source: 7 of 15
8. Academy Awards – Oscars – Kodak TheatreSource: 8 of 15
9. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 9 of 15
10. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 10 of 15
11. The Karate Kid UK Gala Premiere – LondonSource: 11 of 15
12. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 12 of 15
13. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 13 of 15
14. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 14 of 15
15. Patrick McMullan ArchivesSource: 15 of 15
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- T.I.’s Sister, Precious Harris, Dead at 66
- All The Beautiful Photos Of Keshia Knight Pulliam’s Daughter [PHOTOS]
- KTLA Anchor Chris Burrous Dies After Putting Crystal Meth In Anus
Jada Pinkett-Smith Gets Real About “Deteriorating Fantasies” In Marriage [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com