Virginia Beach is moving forward with plans for a music festival during College Beach Weekend in April.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Music mogul Pharrell Williams originally introduced the idea in October of 2018. The vision is that the festival will be a multicultural event merging music, art, fashion and food. It is to feature around 25 national acts.
According to The Virginian Pilot, Pharrell anticipates that the 3-day event will become an annual celebration like more established music events around the country.
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the past few years, Virginia Beach has been the premier location for college co-eds looking to unwind before exams. The weekend is known to draw more than 30,000 people. Unfortunately, without organized city-sanctioned events, the oceanfront destination has become a site for occasional violence.
City officials are hopeful that the festival will boost the resort area while discouraging violence and destruction.
The official lineup is said to be announced next week when tickets go on sale.
For the Latest Entertainment News:
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell’s co-sign early on.Source: 1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.Source: 2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.Source: 3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell’s clothing line.Source: 4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.Source: 5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.Source: 6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his “travel bag.”Source: 7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?Source: 8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.Source: 9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.Source: 10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.Source: 11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.Source: 12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin’ it hard.Source: 13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.Source: 14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell’s signature style included trucker hats.Source: 15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife’s on the red carpet.Source: 16 of 16
- Brooklyn Bound? Reports Indicate Kyrie Irving Is Prepared Join The Nets In Free Agency
- Make Your Black Music Month Playlist For A Shot At $250!
- Teen Held By Head And Dragged At 40 Mph During Road-Rage Incident [Video]
- Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri Under Investigation For Allegedly Shoving Sheriff’s Deputy After NBA Finals Win
Pharrell Williams Brings 3-Day Music Festival To Virginia Beach was originally published on ipowerrichmond.com