According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Pay Off Student Loan Debt Of Morehouse’s Entire Graduating Class of 2019
- Why Marlon Wayans Says ‘Loqueesha’ Is Not Like ‘White Chicks’
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Share The Name Of Their New Baby
- Racist Promposals Won’t Go Away & Big Names Speak Out On Anti-Abortion Laws: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Northern Hospitality: A Toronto Restaurant Has an Interesting Way to Keep Kawhi Leonard with the Raptors
- Lincoln Ware Rewind: Why Amy Murray Isn’t in a Hurry to Decriminalize Marijuana
- Tamar Gave Kandi A Dungeon Style Birthday Gift In Cleveland [VIDEO]
- 2019 BET Awards: Cardi B Leads With Seven Nominations, Nipsey Hussle Nominated Posthumously
- Chris Rock Teams Up With Lionsgate To Reboot The ‘Saw’ Franchise
- He Had Time: Odell Beckham Jr. Calls Out Colin Cowherd On Twitter