Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds has written over twenty-six number one R&B hits so far throughout his career and we don’t think he’s done yet! Babyface got his name from funk king Bootsy Collins in the late 70s while playing for him because of his youthful look. Early on in his career Babyface join the groups After 7, Manchild and The Deele. But his gig with The Deele would be a pivotal point in his career because that’s where he met Antonio “L.A.” Reid. Babyface and Reid both remained with the Deele until 1988 moving on to forge a partnership that would produce many hits for R&B lovers.
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox:
In 1989 the duo started LaFace Records and soon became a powerhouse in the R&B world launching the careers of many greats such as Jon B, Usher and Toni Braxton. Babyface writing and producing catalog is full of hits such as ‘I’m Your Baby Tonight’ by Whitney Houston, ‘Let it Burn’ by Usher, ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ by Bobby Brown ‘I’ll Make Love to You’ by Boyz II Men, ‘Sittin Up in My Room’ by Brandy, ‘You’re Making Me Hight’ by Toni Braxton, ‘Can We Talk’ by Tevin Campbell and many songs of the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack including ‘Exhale Shoop Shoop’ By Whitney Houston to name a few.
In addition to writing and producing for others Babyface has and some hits of his own including ‘Whip Appeal’, ‘It’s No Crime’ and ‘Someone To Love’. Babyface has won over 10 Grammys and his been nominated dozens of times for his work. In 2013 Babyface received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Babyface continues to write and produce music for others and releasing music of his own to this date.
- Florida NAACP Requests Travel Advisory To Warn Black Folks To Stay Out Of Florida Due To Anti-Woke Nonsense
- Hot Off The Wire: Man Attempts To Propose To Rihanna, Beyoncé & ADIDAS Cut Ties
- Cincinnati: New Convention Center Hotel Coming To The Nati
- Bakari Sellers Joins Calls For US Government ‘To Act’ On Shanquella Robinson’s Death Case
- Janelle Monáe Is Highlighting The Legacy Of Progressive Black Artist Loïs Mailou Jones
- ‘Get Out Of The Country’: Video Shows Black Man Kicked Out Of School CRT Meeting As ‘Racist Woman’ Stays
- Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
- 4 Things Black Writers Need To Know Before Using ChatGPT
- Cincinnati: A New Skyline Chili Coming To CVG Airport
- Prosecutor In Ronald Greene Case Is A Racist Police Brutality Apologist And Kyle Rittenhouse Defender
Black Music Month: Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Radio One Cincinnati & The Hollywood Casino Indiana Celebrates Lincoln Wares 50th Radioversary
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Here’s What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
White Artists We Could Have Sworn Were Black
Autopsy Report Suggests Rasheem Carter Was Lynched, But Mississippi Cops Say No ‘Foul Play’
The Lincoln Ware Show